It’s a warm summer evening. The sun is soft on the peaks, the rivers are calm and you’re floating through town on an inflatable kayak.
Summers in Golden, B.C. are special and our 2 hour, guided, inflatable kayak tour will take you through the heart of this amazing place.
You’ll start on the edge of town on the Kicking Horse River and paddle your way downstream to merge with the Columbia River.
As you’re paddling through the Columbia Wetlands (one of the largest, intact wetlands in North America) be sure watch for some of the 265 species of birds that live there. We often see beavers too!
You'll learn some paddling tips, experience 2 historic rivers in one trip and there's a good chance you'll have a hard time taking your eyes off the surrounding peaks.
This is gentle, class 1 moving water but you may get a splash or two.
Our tours run from 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. and the cost is $79.00 per person.
* The minimum age for a kayak tour is 10 years, and a minimum of 4 people are required. Some paddling experience is recommended.
* If you book online and your status shows as PENDING, it means we currently don't have enough people for the trip to go. You will receive confirmation that your booking is CONFIRMED if and when minimum numbers are met. If minimum numbers are not met the trip will not go. Your credit card will not be charged until the trip is confirmed. Please give us a call if you have questions 1 877 344 7238.
If you're the independent type who’d rather explore on your own, renting an inflatable kayak is also possible.
There are many possibilities in the Columbia Valley and we can help guide you, your family or your group of friends in the right direction.
Rentals include 1 kayak, 2 paddles and 2 lifejackets
A full day rental is $69.00 (8 hours) and a half day rental is $49.00 (4 hours)
* Additional gear such as wetsuits, splash tops, booties and helmets are available to rent upon request
* Transportation may be available for an additional fee
* Replacement cost will be charged for all gear that is damaged or not returned
* A $3.00 Land Use Fee and 5% GST per person is added to all trips
THIS TRIP IS FOR YOU IF
THIS TRIP IS NOT FOR YOU IF
You want a fun, scenic guided tour
You're looking for a whitewater raft trip
You've already rafted and want to try something new
You don't want to paddle or navigate your own kayak