KAYAK RENTALS IN GOLDEN BC
There is so much to explore in the Canadian Rockies and we get that sometime's it nice to move at your own pace. Kayak rentals in Golden, BC offer a fun, stable way to paddle around this beautiful region.
Renting a kayak gives you the freedom and flexibility to explore the area on your own, so if you're the independent type this is for you.
There are many possibilities in the Columbia Valley and Canadian Rockies, and we can help guide you in the right direction.
Here are some ideas for places to kayak in the area, and we're happy to chat about the best options for you when you arrive.
Lakes to Explore around golden bc
The Columbia River is a calm, class 1 river. This is a beautiful option if you have two vehicles (as rivers require a shuttle).
For lakes in the area, there's Cedar Lake, Mitten Lake, Faeder Lake, Nine Bay Lake, Marion Lake, Kinbasket Lake, Lake Louise and Emerald Lake.
When you're imagining your trip to British Columbia, are you envisioning it's crystal clear mountain lakes? This is your chance to see as much as you can.
If you're going to be travelling east to Lake Louise or Emerald Lake, many guests also take their rentals to paddle around these beauties. Our rentals are much cheaper than getting a kayak or canoe at the lakes themselves, and you can keep them for longer too.
Think of the photo ops! You and your favourite people in the middle of a bright blue, alpine lake with no one else around. It's definitely something you'll never forget, and you'll want to share the memories with your friends.
Inflatable kayaks are super easy to transport, as we can roll them up small enough to fit in any trunk. We'll provide you with a pump and they take less than 5 minutes to inflate.
- 2 PERSON KAYAKFULL DAY KAYAK RENTAL
- 1 PERSON KAYAKHALF DAY KAYAK RENTAL
- 2 PERSON KAYAKHALF DAY KAYAK RENTAL
- 1 PERSON KAYAK
$69 - $89
THIS TRIP IS FOR YOU IF
THIS TRIP IS NOT FOR YOU IF
You like to travel and explore independently
You want to travel or be on the water with a guide
You want to experience the special beauty of British Columbia's crystal clear alpine lakes
You don't have your own transportation
You plan to visit Lake Louise or Emerald lake and want a unique on water experience
You plan to kayak whitewater (our inflatables are for calm water only)
- To book a full day rental is $89.00 (8 hours) and a half day rental is $69.00 (4 hours). Multi day rentals are also possible.
- We have 1 person and 2 person kayaks available so you can rent whatever option suits your preference. Pricing is the same for both options.
What's Included with my kayak rental?
- 1 kayak
- 2 paddles (1 paddle for a single kayak)
- 2 lifejackets (1 lifejacket for a single kayak)
- A hand pump
Extra gear is available to rent during the booking process if you want it. This includes wetsuits, splash tops, booties, neoprene socks or helmets.
A few more details about kayak rentals in golden bc
* All guests 19 years and older must read and agree to a Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims and Assumption of Risks and Indemnity Agreement prior to taking a kayak. Guests under 19 must be signed by a guardian. You can VIEW THE WAIVER HERE.
*We charge replacement cost for damaged gear, and gear that's not returned
* There's a $5.50 Land Use Fee and 5% GST applied to all kayak rentals in Golden, BC
*You'll pick up your rentals at our base at 1509a Lafontaine Rd, Golden, BC V0A 1H3