HALF DAY HELI RAFTING IN GOLDEN BC
Are you someone who’s always looking for the biggest adventure? The most extreme experience, the fastest ride, the most adrenaline, the biggest thrill?
If this sounds like you, you’re going to get along nicely with our half day heli rafting trip on the Kicking Horse River.
Think boat swamping white water, mountain water face shots, rope gripping rapids and cheers from everyone in the boat.
Pure White Water rafts the middle and lower canyons of the Kicking Horse River – the 2 biggest sections of white water around. Together, they offer 22 km of river rafting excitement.
BUT, not only are you charging down the river, you’ll be flying in a helicopter too. The lower canyon (which starts with 4 km of continuous class 4 white water!) is only accessible by heli.
Glacier Raft Company is the innovator of heli rafting the Kicking Horse in Golden and we hope you can experience this amazing stretch of river.
Yay for heli rafting! Yay for new adventures!
We only have space for 32 people per trip, so give us a call if you have any questions, or book a half day heli trip today to secure your seat!
This trip does not include lunch, so be sure to have a bite to eat before arriving. Want to heli raft the lower canyon but prefer a full day trip instead? Check out the Ultimate Adventure
Learn more about the breakdown of the Kicking Horse River sections here.
THIS TRIP IS FOR YOU IF
THIS TRIP IS NOT FOR YOU IF
You want only big whitewater and a heli ride
You're under the age of 16
You'd prefer an afternoon start (ie. sleep in!)
You want a mix of some floating and some whitewater
You're an adrenaline junkie who wants the biggest thrill
You're on a time crunch or need a morning start
A Few More Details for heli rafting the kicking horse river
* All guests 19 years and older must read and agree to a Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims and Assumption of Risks and Indemnity Agreement prior to their rafting trip. Guests under 19 must be signed by a guardian. You can VIEW THE WAIVER HERE.
* This trip runs on Saturdays and Wednesdays starting mid July.
* No experience required. Our guides will let you know exactly what to do.
* There's a $5.50 Land Use Fee and 5% GST applied to all trips.
* We hold the right to cancel trips entirely if water levels fluctuate to a level that makes it unsafe for us to be on the Kicking Horse. Safety is the only consideration when making this decision. If we cancel a trip for this reason you will receive a full refund.
Heli rafting policies
* We can only raft the lower canyon at specific water levels. It closes at certain times throughout the summer when the water becomes too high for us to safely run it. This is typically June and early July, but can extend into late July or early August. When this occurs, we run the middle canyon whitewater section twice. Not to worry though – at high water, the middle canyon is as good as it gets!
* If we can't raft the lower canyon due to high water you WILL STILL be flying in the helicopter. The heli will fly you back up the canyon to raft the second lap of the middle. The flying time is the same for both trips. If you've booked a heli trip you will be flying - you DO NOT have the option downgrade your trip day of.
* We cannot give advance notice of whether or not we'll be rafting the lower canyon, as river levels are dependent on Mother Nature and can change very quickly. The decision to raft the lower canyon is often made the morning of the trip when we have realtime information on water levels and weather. Please try to understand that river levels are completely out of our control.
* If you have to cancel your heli trip, the full amount is refundable (less a $20.00 per person processing fee) provided we receive at least 30 days notice prior to your trip date. If notice occurs within 30 days of your trip, the $100.00 per person deposit becomes non-refundable, and within 21 days of your trip the full amount is non-refundable.
*We need a minimum number of people for heli trips to run. If those numbers are not met we will not be able to book the helicopter. If minimum numbers are not met we will not charge you for the lower canyon portion of your trip, or for the heli flight.
If the Pure Heli White Water isn't the trip for you, we think you'll like:
HALF DAY RAFTING
WHITE WATER EXPRESS
12 km of afternoon fun
ULTIMATE HELI ADVENTURE
The only way to raft all 3 canyons of the Kicking Horse
FULL DAY RAFTING
WHITE WATER DISCOVERY
Our most popular trip
book a rafting trip and we'll plant a tree
We've built our lives and rafting business around our love for the outdoors. Read about our partnership with One Tree Planted and why we've made the commitment to plant one tree for every booking made to raft the Kicking Horse River.